Saturday, October 4, 2008

Prayer request

Hi everyone- I know I haven't been on here in a while and I'm only on for a few minutes right now because I'm so tired, BUT my daughter(12 year old) asked me today if I could post a blog asking everyone to pray for her and her Allstate tryouts next week in Cordele, GA. I said, "why of course"!- anything for my first born :)
Anyway... she has been in Allstate for the last 2 years and done solo's at the state level both years, but this year it's an actual competition instead of just being chosen and allowed to attend the state event. She was still chosen this year, but this year she must "compete" (I don't like that word) against other 7th and 8th graders across the whole state. The teacher has warned us that it is extremely difficult, but that she does have a lot of confidence in Rachel and doesn't usually tell many parents that... Rachel is nervous but she is also excited. She has a beautiful voice and I wish all of you could hear it- maybe I can figure out how to put her song on here for ya... we shall see... I don't know what is involved in that. So, back to the subject of this- please pray for her during this next week. The actual date is next Saturday, the 11th and her audition time is 11:10 a.m. We will drive her the 2 hours to get there and 2 hours back for her to audtion for I think she said 2-3 minutes, but it's well worth it to put the effort into doing anything and everything we can do to help her achieve her goals and encourage her to do what she loves most and that is sing.
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers and we'll let you know the outcome- they say they usually won't know for 2-3 weeks after the audition.

2 comments:

Jonatha said...

I'll be praying for her - and you all to have a safe trip! I hope you figure out how to upload her pretty voice :)

Anonymous said...

I'll definitely be praying for her and for your safe travels. I have no doubt she'll be at the top of the list! Love to all, Nina